Visa Application

Before you apply

First check what kind of visa to apply for and what documents you'll need.
Also check if you need to get a tuberculosis (TB) test.
When you apply online you need to:

Apply for a tourist or short stay visa


You can apply using the Access UK service for a:

  • Standard Visitor visa
  • Marriage Visitor visa
  • Permitted Paid Engagement visa

Apply for all other visas


Apply using the Visa4UK service for all other visas, including study and work visas.

Create an account on Visa4UK to apply for the first time.

Sign in to Visa4UK to apply if you already have an account.

For more information, please check with your local embassy.

For most attendees, it is easier to apply for a Tourist ("L") visa; an invitation letter is NOT required for obtaining a Tourist visa.

If some participants need another type of visa that does require an invitation letter, the ICMEI 2020conference committee will be glad to help. To obtain an invitation letter, please send e-mail to , together with your registration, and in the case of being an author, your accepted paper ID. The Conference Secretariat will then send a formal visa application form via airmail or fax with which the participants can apply for a visa.